Visitor & Super Visa

Visitor Visa

A Canada visitor visa, also known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Canada tourist visa, is a legal document that must be carried in your passport to prove that you have fulfilled the requirements for temporary resident admission to Canada (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. At the port of entry, the immigration border services may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. Once you are given a period of stay, they’ll put the date you need to leave in your passport. The immigration officer might also give you a document called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.

To qualify for a TRV, there are a few basic requirements you must meet which include: have a valid travel document (like a passport) be in good health have no criminal or immigration-related convictions convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets, or family that will take you back to your home country convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit have enough money for your stay.

Super Visa

Foreign nationals who want their parents or grandparents to temporarily reside with them in Canada can apply for a Super Visa. Grandparents and parents who qualify may visit family in Canada for up to 5 years without having to renew their status. For those family members who want to spend the most time in Canada, this is the perfect route.

Applicants must be the parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in order to qualify for the super visa. The super visa is not available to people who are dependent on their grandparents or parents. The applicants for super visas must also be approved for admission to Canada and fulfil certain requirements.

Before deciding whether to admit a candidate, visa officials take into account a number of variables. The applicant must be a real foreign visitor to Canada who will leave on their own volition at the conclusion of their stay, in the officers’ opinion. The following are some elements that the officer may take into account:

• The person’s ties to his or her home country;
• The person’s family and financial situation;
• The overall economic and political stability of the home country; and invitations from Canadian hosts.

• Super visa for parents and grandparents is valid for five years in Canada without the requirement to reapply
• Complete and submit form [IMM5257] (to be filled out outside of Canada)
• The financial circumstances of the parent and the host will be taken into account
• The overall economic and political stability of the home country; and invitations from Canadian hosts
• Parents or grandparents must fulfil the minimal income standards and give financial assistance from their child (the host)
• Prove Canadian medical coverage insurance (for at least 1 year)
• Complete medical examination requirements.
Letter of Invitation format should include:
• A promise of financial support for the length of your visit
• The list and number of people in the household of this person
• A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
• The purpose of the trip
• Accommodation information and departure date for the parent or grandparent

Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Canada’s primary criteria to issue a travel permit to anyone is their admissibility to Canada. In case you are inadmissible to Canada, a Temporary Resident Permit may allow you to overcome the status temporarily if you can establish a credible and significant reason for your visit.
A Temporary Resident Permit, formerly known as the ‘minister’s permit’, may be issued at the discretion of the visa officer.